When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Personal information you provide to us resides on a secure server. We encrypt personal information, and through appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures, we strive to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing that information. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
Please note that any information that you post to a public discussion group, including blogs and social media sites (such as our Twisted Strait Fiber Facebook page) is available to all persons accessing that location. In addition, you should be aware that some discussion groups offer a service in which subscribers are e-mailed a copy of all messages posted to the group on a particular topic. Consequently, if you post a message to the group, your e-mail address may be sent to those subscribers that have indicated an interest in the topic of your message.
Twisted Strait Fiber reserves the right to access and disclose any information provided by you, if required to do so by law, or in the event that such a disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with a legal process; (2) enforce the terms of this agreement; (3) respond to due diligence requests in connection with a sale or merger of the company; or (4) respond to any claims that the content of this web site violates the rights of any third parties.
Twisted Strait Fiber is a general web site connecting fair trade consumers of fibers around the globe, and is not designed for children. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information from our site from persons we actually know are under 13, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13. To respect the privacy of children and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under 13 not provide personal information to this site.
By using our sites, you consent to the collection, use, and storage of your personal and non-personal information as described in this policy. We may amend this policy from time to time; and, if we do, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we intend to use it. We will post the date that the policy has been updated so you will know when it has been changed. Please review our Terms and Conditions section for more information on this and other policies.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
P.O. Box 2472, Port Angeles, WA, 98362, United States